As A Brand
We think it's important that you know where your Happy Sea products are coming from, and how they are produced. It is our vision to become such a transparent company, that you know exactly the cost going into your shirt and the environmental role that it plays. We want to positively impact our planet and its people, with everything we do, in every aspect of our production.
Sustainability plays such an important role in The Happy Sea and the future of our planet. We want you to feel good about what you're buying and know that you really are making a difference in each purchase you make with us.
We will always be a sustainable brand. We believe that down to our core. We extend our values in each category of The Happy Sea, and truly believe in American Made and ethically produced products.
We have laid out our production process so you know how it goes, from us, to you. If you have any other questions, please feel free to let us know. We are always available to answer any of your concerns.
A P P A R E L:
- All of our apparel is manufactured in WRAP certified facilities with newer, more efficient dye machines. We efficiently use 7x less water than average for clothing manufacturers: saving 24 million gallons a week...and that all gets recycled afterwards
- Our clothing facilities take every opportunity to reduce their co2 emissions through solar power, minimal electricity usage, recycling, no overseas shipping, W.R.A.P. certification and small, daily eco-friendly decisions that add up.
- WRAP (Worldwide Responsible Accredited Production) is a globally recognized independent non-profit organization dedicated to promoting safe, lawful, humane and ethical manufacturing through certification and education. Companies accepted into the WRAP organization go through an extensive application process that ensures that sewn products are being produced under lawful, humane and ethical conditions.
To learn more about being WRAP certified, check out this link: www.wrapcompliance.org.
S C R E E N P R I N T I N G:
- All of our screen printing is done in-house in Fernandina Beach FL with some L O V I N'. We are the ones who screen print our shirts, so you know that when you buy a tee, it is coming from us. (with extra love, because screen printing is quite the adventure!)
P A P E R G O O D S:
- All of our paper products and other products are made in America.
- The paper we use is FSC certified, which means that with each tree it takes to print our paper products, another is planted in its place.
- All of our cards are printed on acid free, recycled and carbon neutral, and are printed through a wind-posted, environmentally friendly printing process that creates minimal waste.
- Card envelopes are made from 100% recycled materials.
To read more on FSC Certified paper, check out this link: https://ic.fsc.org/en/what-is-fsc
S T I C K E R S:
- Durable, water-resistant, long-lasting, American-made stickers.
- We want you to buy just one sticker that will last you a lifetime once it’s “stuck."
P A C K A G I N G:
- When packing boxes for shipment, we try to reuse packaging we have. We strive to use minimal packing materials or use recycled supplies during our shipping process.
- Everything is R E C Y C L E A B L E. recycle it all!
- All of our clear card slips are compostable, so throw it in and watch it go.
- Zero single-use plastics are used in our shipping packages.
D O N A T I O N S:
We donate to multiple ocean conservation nonprofits throughout the year such as Orca Conservancy, Ocean Alliance, and Sea to Shore.
- We do everything we can as a company to talk the talk and walk the walk.
We do our best to live clean, ethical lives, and that includes eating a sustainable diet (vegetarians) and shop with low to zero plastic. (we love our metal straws, reusable shopping bags and our reusable cups!)
"you are what you do, not what you say you are."