It’s officially that time of year again, it’s almost Thanksgiving as we are finalllllly writing out our gift guide for this holiday. It’s starting to get cooler (thank you Florida) & we are cozying up in our new Happy Sea crew necks! We are STOKED. This year we are really trying to be intentional about our gift giving, we want everything to hold meaning, share a purpose and give back to our planet.
We have carefully curated a plethora of gifts from dog accessories to skin care, jewelry to adventure necessities. Everything in this gift guide is created ethically, thoughtfully, and donates back to other organizations so you know that you can feel good about what you are giving this holiday season. We hope that you enjoy and this season brings you so much love & adventure! LIVE IT UP ITS ALMOST A NEW DECADE!!
- A Mafia Discover Tote: Our go to adventure backpack, these bad boys are individually created using recycled sailboat & kitesurf sails. All Mafia Bags are ultralight, water-resistant and extremely durable. We will not leave for an adventure without ours. Great For: The Adventurer in your life.
- A Found At Sea Shark Tooth Ring: All of Found At Sea Collectives Jewelry is handmade in Bali, Indonesia using ethically sourced sterling .925 silver. By purchasing a Found At Sea Collective piece you are supporting shark conservation and taking a stance against shark fishing. Great For: Your ocean loving, jewelry stunner
- United By Blue Reusable Straw Set: United By Blue is one of our favorite companies, they exude sustainability. This straw set is for the every day iced coffee drinker, smoothie connoisseur, or h2o lover. It comes with 2 stainless steel straws (with room for 4), a silicone tip and a bristled cleaning brush. The case it comes in is super cool too, it is 100% recycled polyester ripstop case (made from 2 plastic bottles) with a water-resistant finish. Great For: Everyone, everyone should have at least a few reusable straws around. Let's help our planet people!!
- The Happy Sea Respect The Locals Crew Neck: (we had to) Our new go to for the winter. This classic unisex pullover crewneck sweatshirt in comfy, super-soft fleece designed for warmth and breathability, all of The Happy Sea is screen-printed in Fernandina Beach, Florida. Great For: The human who loves Happy Sea & is lookin for the only thing they will wear this winter.
- Ruffwear Pacific Loop Dog Toy: Let's face it, our pups are more spoiled than us on the holiday, (as it should be.) If we could do an entire gift guide dedicated to pups we would! - maybe next year we will. Ruffwear is the best doggo company around, they carefully consider the materials that go into Ruffwear products for durability, sustainable sourcing and performance. They also are partners with so many awesome charities such as Avalanche Rescue Teams, Best Friends Animal Society, Conservation Canines, and The Conservation Alliance. Great For:The pupper in your life, or the human who loves their pup more than you.
- Lush Mask Of Magnaminty: We SWEAR by this mask, we started using it a few months ago and wow. 10/10. Lush's Mask of Magnaminty is a multi-purpose mask with a mixture of ingredients including honey and kaolin to calm and clear the skin. This mask is made with peppermint oil to stimulate, marigold oil and chlorophyllin to treat the skin; evening primrose seeds and aduki beans to gently exfoliate. We can not recommend this mask enough! Great For: The skincare guru, or someone who needs a home spa day.
- A Grumpshine Candle: The most wonderful candles, the most wonderful people. Grumpshine Candles are handcrafted by the lovely Jessie and Jon in our fav spot of Jacksonville, FL. All Grumpshine candles are made with sustainable, clean burning coconut wax with no added dyes or chemicals, using essential oils and phthalate free fragrance oil. All of their candles are packaged in reusable rock glass containers so you can use them over and over again for multiple uses. (We also might be in the works for creating a Happy Sea candle with them.) STAY TUNED! Great For: Anyone looking for a great smelling home, looking for a marg in hand after their candle is gone from their candles reusable rock glass.
- Swell, a memoir by Captain Liz Clark: Captain Liz Clark spent her entire youth dreaming of sailing the world and surfing remote waves. When she was 22, she met her mentor Barry Schuyler who helped turn her dreams into reality. In 2005, Liz set off on her 40-foot sailboat from Santa Barbara, California, as captain of her 40-foot sailboat, Swell, headed south in search of surf, self, and the wonder and learning that lies beyond the unbroken horizon. Throughout the book, Liz tells incredible stories of wild waves and constant challenge of life at sea, relationships of the good, the bad, & the ugly & of nature’s marvels. Liz captures her journey in such vivid detail, you feel as if you are practicall there with her. Through her journey she shares with you her love of the sea, sustainability and the generosity of human kind. We have read this book about 12 times, it is our favorite. Great For: Anyone looking to go on an adventure and get inspired.
- The Happy Sea Sticker Set: Our favorite stickers (obviously), UV and Waterproof, ready for every season and every adventure. These babes are perfect for bikes, waterbottles, cars, laptops, phone cases, dog bowls, surfboards, we can continue on the list of cool places to put these if you want. Give your life a little something extra. Great For: Anyone with a bike, waterbottle, car, laptop, phone case, dog, or a surfboard.
- Patagonia Black Hole Duffle Bag: Patagonia is one of the best companies out there. Yvon Chouinard is probably, actually definitely, one of the most brilliant men on the planet. This duffle is made of recycled polyester ripstop with a weather resistant and water repelling finish. This bad boy can be carried as a backpack or a duffle bag so it is perfect for any mood that you're feelin. Great For: The weekend warriors, or the light packers.
GIFT WRAPPING IDEAS GOOD FOR THE PLANET:
Last year we wrapped all of our gifts in packing paper, then colored different designs all over the wrap. It's meaningful, & adorable. (whether you can draw or not, it's the thought that counts.)
happy holidays luvers,
the happy sea